Our BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree will give you a practical grounding in accounting and business disciplines and can, depending on module choices, provide you with exemptions towards qualifications with the ACCA, ICAEW, CIPFA and CIMA accounting institutes.
This degree focuses on practical, real-life application of accounting and finance concepts underpinned by academic theory and research, preparing you for success anywhere in the world.
If you have previously completed a SQA HND in Business and Accounting, a level 5 programme or a HND** you may be eligible to join our one year BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance [Top-Up]programme, which enables you to extend your studies to earn a full honours degree.
The BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree is awarded by BPP University
- You can select modules which will provide exemptions towards qualifications awarded by the following institutes – ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, ICAEW and AAT
- You will experience professionally-orientated tuition from qualified practitioners
- This programme offers the choice to graduate in as little as two-years, full-time with the accelerated programme
- Funding is available through scholarships, interest-free payment plans, the Student Loans Company (slc.co.uk for eligibility criteria and application form) and Future Finance student loans^
- Benefit from BPP University’s Partner in Learning status with the ICAEW, giving you access to a range of information and resources which will support your career in accountancy
- The programme can include a free top-up of tuition towards professional/final level examination papers worth up to £5,000 meaning you can complete the remaining papers needed to become an exam qualified accountant from CIMA, ACCA or ICAEW (ACA)**
- If you have achieved any exam passes with the ACCA, we have validated entry routes into the programme, meaning that you can join us part way through. If you have completed ACCA F1-F9, you will be eligible to join validated entry points throughout the programme. If you have achieved exam passes with other professional institutes, we can also assess these for accreditation of prior learning
- Take part in extra-curricular activities with professional bodies such as the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales (ICAEW), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
Your Accounting and Finance degree
BPP University's BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree gives you a combination of technical and practical skills – preparing you for a rewarding and successful career. Taught by tutors with many years’ experience, it makes use of case studies, with seminars designed to replicate real-world scenarios.
Our BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree offers one of the fastest routes towards becoming an exam qualified accountant. We are including a top-up of professional examination papers worth up to £5,000**, meaning you can complete the remaining papers needed to become a qualified accountant from CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW (ACA) or CIPFA when you graduate from our BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree.
Practical, real-world teaching
This degree is led by tutors from professional backgrounds. Their experience gives you valuable insights into the different areas of business accounting.
We also have links with many professional accounting organisations, helping you to network and connect with practitioners and firms. Thanks to BPP University’s Partner in Learning status with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), you'll be given access to a range of professional events, advice and materials to support your learning and kick-start your career.
Kick-start your career
To become a qualified accountant or begin a career in finance, there is a range of specific industry qualifications that you may wish to obtain. The BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree programme has been created with this in mind so when you graduate you will already have completed some of the steps to achieving further certification.
Depending on your module choices you could apply for exemptions from several key assessments. With a BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance degree, you could gain exemptions for up to eight of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) ACA professional level qualifications – a big benefit for potential employers.
The ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) has recently granted BPP University's BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance programme the maximum number of exemptions. Taking the degree could exempt you from papers F1 to F9, giving you a head-start on your accountancy career.
You can study full-time on the traditional two-term per year basis and complete your degree in three years. Alternatively, you can accelerate your learning by studying three terms per year and complete your degree within two years.
Please note - If at any point during your programme you switch from a two-year degree to a three-year degree (or vice versa), you will be required to notify the Student Loans Company, as changing the speed at which you complete your studies will have fee or student funding implications.
Preparing you for industry
The BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance programme combines academic rigour with a practical focus. The tutors are a team of experienced accounting and business practitioners, ideally positioned to put accounting and business in a practical context.
You'll have the opportunity to attend lectures and presentations given by a variety of potential employers, as well as network with practitioners at special events and career fairs.
As with all our undergraduate programmes, we'll help you sharpen your competitive edge. We want you to graduate with the practical skills and knowledge necessary to build a successful career, in whatever area of finance you wish to enter.
Virtual learning support
To help you get the best learning experience, we provide high-quality facilities and technology through our Virtual Learning Environment. BPP University's Virtual Learning Environment and our student intranet features a variety of resources and revision aids, including interactive modules, podcasts, videos and multiple-choice tests.
Esta escola oferece programas em:
Última actualização January 24, 2018